|The best flavors are in this Diary.|
|My favorite Humming Bird recipe|
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (from about 3 large bananas)
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 (24-ounce) package white fondant
- Blue gel paste food coloring
- Edible luster dust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add sugar, and cream together until well combined, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating slowly after each addition. Add banana and honey and mix on low until well combined. Add pineapple; mix on low until combined. Add 1/2 cup pecans; mix on low until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add one-third of the flour mixture, followed by one-third of the hot water. Repeat process twice, alternating flour mixture and hot water, and ending with hot water. Mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full with batter. Transfer to oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 24 to 26 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cupcakes cool completely.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large 5/8-inch round tip (such as Ateco #808). Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, press your thumb into the center of the fondant to make a well. Place a small amount of food coloring in the well and knead fondant until color is well blended. Continue to add more food coloring to fondant until desired color is achieved. Roll out into a 1/16-inch-thick sheet. Cut out 12 hummingbirds using a small bird-shaped cutter; sprinkle with luster dust, if using.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with remaining 1/2 cup pecans and top each with a fondant bird shape; serve.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until well combined. Continue mixing until frosting is light and fluffy, about 1 minute more.