so I'm on some sort of a caramel crush,, I just love it!!! Soooo I
decided to make my own since I really don't care for the thick and chewy
premade and melt kind aka store bought. I burnt the first batch and
started over (determined#ocd to get it right) The second time I had the
most beautiful, creamy sweet and salty caramel to die for aka GOLD.
Once I nailed the caramel sauce...what to do with it? Guess I had to
make a cupcake and why not! So I found this awesome recipe for caramel
frosting also and this cupcake came together beautifully! I thought of
the many trips to Braum's and the Caramel Sundae that I just love and
there you have it...My Caramel Sundae with my fave vanilla cupcake,
caramel frosting, whip cream, dark creamy ganache, nuts and a cherry on
top! Just the way I like it!! Click here for the caramel sauce recipe and caramel frosting.|
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
To blog or not to blog? That is the question...well without further ado I just had to share this amazing cupcake! This cupcake is perfect for summer time! Which reminds me of a song my great niece recently sang "Summer time & the living is easy, fish are jumping & the cotton is high...my daddy's rich & my mamas good looking...Sooo hush lil baby don't you cry." (I'm random & I know it!)
Ok so back to the cupcake it's a S'mores cupcake recipe tasting and smelling just like a S'mores should!
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time: 18-20 minutes | Cooling Time: 45 minutes
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
½ cup (1.5 ounces) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
¾ cup (3.75 ounces) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup (5.25 ounces) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon table salt
½ cup (4 ounces) sour cream
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F. (If you are using a non-stick muffin pan, heat the oven to 325 degrees F.) Line standard-size muffin pan with baking cup liners.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa in medium heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan containing barely simmering water; heat mixture until butter and chocolate are melted and whisk until smooth and combined. (Alternately, you can microwave the mixture at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.) Set aside to cool until just warm to the touch.
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder in small bowl to combine.
4. Whisk eggs in second medium bowl to combine; add sugar, vanilla, and salt until fully incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift about one-third of flour mixture over chocolate mixture and whisk until combined; whisk in sour cream until combined, then sift remaining flour mixture over and whisk until batter is homogeneous and thick.
5. Divide the batter evenly among muffin pan cups. Bake until skewer inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
6. Cool cupcakes in muffin pan on wire rack until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Carefully lift each cupcake from muffin pan and set on wire rack. Cool to room temperature before icing, about 30 minutes.
Marshmallow Magic Frosting
|Yay I can make marshmallows...it's like a magic cloud of fluffiness going on here!!!! Here is the before and after and I am very proud of my fluff! There are many recipes but I like this one the most!|
8 large egg whites
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Combine the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar on top of a double broiler. Whisking frequently until sugar is dissolved around 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, around 5 to 7 minutes. (The key is whisking on high until frosting is very stiff not runny) Add vanilla and mix until combined. Frost immediately. I used this recipe from the BrownEyed Baker for the cupcake...it never fails me!!